SPECT is looking for someone who thrives in a small team environment, is a life-long learner, enjoys creative problem-solving, and is ready to make an impact in the world. The ideal candidate is highly detail oriented and has experience being immersed in other cultures abroad.
The overall objective of the Program Assistant is to deliver professional development workshops and support program coordination, in addition to actively engaging the communities we serve and ensuring SPECT’s mission, vision and values are being met.
The Program Assistant works closely with the Executive Director in accomplishing SPECT’s objectives and fulfilling contract commitments with our partners.
- Assist with an initial assessment of sterile processing practices at partnering healthcare facilities
- Prepare course materials for training sessions
- Facilitate SPECT’s training and mentoring internationally
- Arrange accommodations and transportation for SPECT’s team members
- Organize training facilities and course catering when needed
- Procure training materials
- Coordinate course schedule between SPECT’s Executive Director, partnering facilities, and participants
- Record and reimburse participant transportation and per-diems if required
- Collect and maintain accurate participant information for reporting purposes
- Assist with data collection and tracking, including participant assessment scores and program surveys
- Interview participants and write social media updates
- Record and track participants’ attendance and punctuality
- Document and package lessons learned for future workshops
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working in resource constrained countries, in the field of healthcare or development
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills and experience facilitating engaging and interactive workshops developed for adult learners
- Open-minded, inclusive, and non-judgmental attitude
- Committed to participant success
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven experience collaborating with others
- Computer literate and adept at managing information using database applications
- Experience evaluating program curriculum and ability to identify what is working and where improvements are possible
- Ability to travel internationally and work in challenging settings
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and thrive in rapidly changing environments
- Post-secondary education in healthcare, business, or human resources is an asset
How to Apply:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Assistant”.